Todd H. Wells
- Principal Shareholder
Todd H. Wells is a Principal Shareholder and founding Partner of Schnelz Wells, P.C., a Michigan based telecommunications law firm. For 28 years, Todd has represented wireless, wireline, cable and broadband companies and assisted with the successful launch and deployment of services on a national level. He has been on the forefront of the wireless evolution by providing legal and regulatory counsel to his clients. He has directly managed the deployment of hundreds of wireless macro tower sites throughout the Midwest as well as the negotiation and installation of the first large scale DAS deployment of an in-building solution at the Ford World Headquarters and the successful launch of the industry’s first large scale outdoor DAS in Miami, Florida consisting of more than 100 nodes.
He has also served as lead counsel for a neutral host DAS start-up that was ultimately acquired by a national tower company. During this time, he secured franchise and license agreements for placement of structures in more than thirty states, secured pole attachment and fiber agreements, worked with state utility commissions, and local zoning authorities to secure access rights for his client’s structures in the Right-Of-Way.
In addition to his wireless experience, he currently serves as lead franchising counsel to a national cable operator. In that capacity, he negotiates cable franchise and Right-Of-Way agreements and has extensive experience in working successfully with some of the largest municipalities in the country, including the City of Chicago, Boston, New York City, and Washington, D.C.
He is a graduate of the Michigan State University and received his Juris Doctorate from the Wayne State University School of Law in 1989.
Areas Of Practice
- Real Estate
- Telecommunications Law
- Michigan, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1989
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 1989
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1989
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan
- Juris Doctorate
- Michigan State University
- Bachelor of Arts
- Strategic Research Institute, Guest Lecturer
Honors and Awards
- State Bar of Michigan Foundation, Fellow
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Oakland County Bar Association, Member
- Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association, Member
- Michigan Defense Counsel Association, Member